Friday, August 23, 2013

meta-synthesis


Some questions to consider include, but are not limited to:
1. Are the results of the study (studies) valid?
2. What are the results?
3. How can I apply these results to patient care?
For example, in Chapter 7 of DiCenso, Guyatt, & Ciliska, considering prognosis, questions that serve as triggers under “was the sample representative?” would include subquestions such as, was there homogenity?; Was there bias?
And in chapter 8, “What are the Results?” would trigger different probes (Was the description of the results thorough ?).
“How can I apply the results to patient care?” would yet consider different probes, such as what meaning and relevance does the study have for my patient care? Does the study help me understand the context of my care? Does the study enhance my knowledge about my patient care?” (DiCesno, et al. 2005, pg. 122)
Click Here To Get More On This Paper!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment