Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Reflective Analysis and Interpersonal Improvement Plan


In Module 1, you identified a personal, academic, and professional goal. In Module 3, you created an action plan for achieving your goals. Now, you will reflect on the implementation of your action items, analyze their effectiveness, and submit your final Interpersonal Improvement Plan.

    Example:
    Here is what a reflective analysis looks like using the example we have been using with Tom’s professional goal:

    Professional Goal: Work on nonverbal communication so my words match my nonverbal cues.

        Intermediate Goal 1: Take a course on interpersonal effectiveness.
            Action Item 1: Review the course catalog to learn about the available courses about Interpersonal Effectiveness.
            Action Item 2: Speak to my academic advisor about when I can enroll.
        Intermediate Goal 2: Practice conversations with myself—either talking to myself in the mirror or video recording conversations so I can see what others are seeing.
            Action Item 1: Learn to use the video record function on my smart phone by asking a tech-savvy friend.
            Action Item 2: Set aside ten minutes three times a week to practice using a positive tone of voice and facial expression when I speak.
        Intermediate Goal 3: In each team meeting, remember to smile and offer positive feedback.
            Action Item 1: At the very next team meeting, draw a smiley face on the top of my notebook to remind me to smile and make eye contact during the meeting.
            Action Item 2: Plan to say one brief supportive statement to each co-worker as they present their weekly reports.

Click Here To Get More On This Paper!!!!

    Looking at Intermediate Goal 1, I reviewed the course catalog, spoke to my academic advisor, and discovered an interpersonal communication  class is not available until next January. So, while that is definitely a goal, I am changing it to something I can use immediately. Through an online search, I discovered an interpersonal effectiveness seminar happening in my town next weekend so I signed up it and will attend. 

    Intermediate Goal 2 has been interesting because once my friend showed me how to use the record function on my phone, I noticed that I wear a natural scowl on my face. Each time I pass a mirror, I make an effort to notice my facial expressions. I also notice that I have a natural tendency to cross my arms in conversation. Although this feels comfortable I know that it makes me appear closed off or upset. Since I have been more conscious about how I appear to others, I have noticed that people I don’t normally interact with in the office are now starting conversations with me. 

    Intermediate Goal 3 has shown the greatest improvement. After the first team meeting, a coworker commented that they really appreciated the positive feedback I gave them. In a meeting later in the week, the supervisor shook my hand and said that he appreciated my contribution to the discussion. It looks like the plan is working. 

Click Here To Get More On This Paper!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment